Welcome to St Mary’s Church of England Church, Selattyn, Shropshire.
Coronovirus – our latest update:
Upcoming Services :
9:30am on Sundays 27th September, 11th October (Harvest) , 25th October, 8th November (Remembrance at 10.45am) and 22nd November.
We ask that if you would like to give, please do so preferably online, by direct debit or standing order. There will be a plate at the rear if you are only able to give by cash. With many thanks.
A few other points of guidance:
- Please maintain social distancing of 2m between households.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival and departure; hand sanitiser will be provided.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell) should not attend due to the risk that they pose to others; they should self-isolate at home immediately with other members of their household.
- We warmly welcome all children and young people. Young children should be supervised by the parent or guardian and appropriate hygiene precautions followed. We ask you to remain in your household group in your pew during the service.
- We encourage you to bring your own Bible. We won’t be using reusable service sheets, hymnbooks or church Bibles for the time being.
- Those at extra risk and the ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ should take advice on the risks of attending public worship. It is entirely your decision and please feel under no compulsion to come before you are comfortable.
- I’m afraid there will be no refreshments provided. If you wish to chat you may find it easier to arrange a time to meet socially distanced at another point in the week.
Priest in charge: ‘The Reverend Steve Nicholson. Please contact him on email@example.com or 01691 590564 for enquiries not covered by the rest of the website.’
Address: St Mary’s Church, Glyn Road, Selattyn, Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 7DH.
Location of Selattyn:
Selattyn is a small village in Shropshire about 4 miles northwest of Oswestry and just over a mile from the Welsh border. Click here to see the whole area on a small scale map. The location of Selattyn can easily be seen in relation to Oswestry and the surrounding area. Click here to see the village of Selattyn in detail on a map – scale 1:25,000. The position of the church in the village can be easily seen. Both these maps will be shown in a separate window.
St. Mary’s Vision Statement:
We are a community of people, loved by God, united by our loyalty to Jesus, and guided and empowered by God’s Holy Spirit. We are committed to regular worship and prayer, to applying the Bible to our lives, and to growing in our faith; we seek to be generous in giving, and to have buildings suited to both worship and outreach. We seek to express God’s love in being loving and caring, joyful and compassionate, generous and friendly, warmly welcoming old and young, as we seek to bring others to know Jesus. We value our links with the local community and the school.
We hope you enjoy your visit to our site. If you are ever staying in our area please visit us at one of our services. You will be made very welcome.
St Mary’s Selattyn is committed to Safeguarding (the duty of care for the safety and security of children) and has adopted the National and Diocesan Safeguarding Policies. Our Safeguarding Coordinator is Maggie Barnes, she can be contacted on 01691 659708. Or contact our vicar Steve on firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and emergency contact details see https://www.lichfield.anglican.org/safeguarding/